Remember the things that gave you joy as a child. Incorporate them into your life now. Find a way to have fun with everything you do. Let yourself express the joy of living. Laugh. Rejoice, and the Universe rejoices with you! ~ Louise Hay
***MY CLASS SCHEDULE *** SHOP SU! ONLINE NOW *** JOIN MY STAMPIN' UP! TEAM ***

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Shake-it Bear

I wasn't going to post this ... because autumn colors and leaves are "out of season" and all ... but I couldn't help myself. It's my very latest & greatest. I'm on a shaker card kick after the Sock Monkey below. For the longest time, I avoided even trying shaker cards - they looked soooo complicated, but guess what?! They're not that tough after all! The hardest part of this one was creating the little leaves - they're stamped on shrinkey dink, colored, cut out, and baked. But, they're perfect, don't you think?

The inspiration here is my dad (Ted - aka T-Bear) who spent his weekend raking leaves with his kids and grandkids. I live too far away to have been there, so I suppose this is my way to participate vicariously.
**********************************************************************************
STAMP SET: UNDER THE STARS, AUTUMN HARVEST, CANVAS BG; CARDSTOCK: MORE MUSTARD, CLOSE TO COCOA, WHISPER WHITE; INK: MORE MUSTARD, CHOCOLATE CHIP; ACCESSORIES: WATERCOLOR PENCILS, RET. HARDWARE, DOUBLE STITCHED CHOCOLATE CHIP RIBBON, SHRINKEY DINK, AND THE WINDOW IS FROM A RECYCLED CLAMSHELL BOX!

3 comments:

Church Librarian at WUMC, said...

Oh - So THAT'S a shaker card! Ha ha! How adorable! I love leaves at any time of year. The bear has a "Hans Solo" kind of grin. Precious.
HOW DID YOU MAKE THE CIRCLE?

Anonymous said...

I think it is great!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Oh how smart to use the stamps on shrinky dink for custom shaker items. LOVE IT!! U So Smart!

All images © Stampin’ Up!® Projects displayed have been created by Laurel Matthew unless otherwise specified. Project ideas are here to inspire your personal stamping. Feel free to copy the projects directly or modify to suit your tastes. Please do not make copies of the projects displayed and submit for contests, publications, or other recognition (unless you are submitting them in my name!). Stampin' Up! is not responsible for content.