Remember the things that gave you joy as a child. Incorporate them into your life now. Find a way to have fun with everything you do. Let yourself express the joy of living. Laugh. Rejoice, and the Universe rejoices with you! ~ Louise Hay
***MY CLASS SCHEDULE *** SHOP SU! ONLINE NOW *** JOIN MY STAMPIN' UP! TEAM ***

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Swappin' with my DLs

Artwork by Laurel Matthew. All images copyright Stampin' Up!
DLs = my downline. Demonstrators that have signed up with me. They're "my girls". My stampin' students. My creative, crafty, crazy little crickets. Having a Stampin' Up! downline feels SO good. They're motivating, validating, and great company!

Each month, we have a swap. In a swap, each member (aka swapper) comes up with one idea (usually based on a theme or template) and makes a bunch of the same thing. Then, we mail them to the hostess, who swaps them out, and returns one of each design to the swappers. It's fun and a great way to share ideas.

In July, my mom hosted. She's pictured, left, at her 1st ever stampin session with me. As a librarian, she loves books and bookmarks, of course. And, as a fledgling Demonstrator, she wanted to learn how to use her stamping supplies to make bookmarks & coordinating projects. Thus, we were challenged to design a bookmark and card from the same stamp set & supplies.


So, here's my little set. It's a bookmark collection & gift envelope. I featured all-new exclusive supplies from the Fall/Winter 2007 Collection, just released in July. I just ordered all these great accessories and HAD to use them all.

Stamp Sets: Garden Silhouettes. Colors: Groovy Guava, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, River Rock. Technique: Emboss Resist. Accessories: Jumbo Eyelets, Pretties flowers, Ribbon Originals, Eyelets, Hodgepodge, Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon.


And, no. I did not come up with this whole thing by myself. I CASE'd it from a project featured in a Feb. 2004 issue of "Stampin' Success," our monthly publication for demonstrators. The project with the flowers, left, is the original, suggested as a Stamp Camp project. The Christmas tree version is my first CASE. Both flower and tree image are from the Nice and Narrow stamp set, now retired.


Contact me for the Pattern Template and make your own CASE of this great bookmark project. Better yet, become a demonstrator yourself, and you'll have access to this pattern, and countless more great ideas, techniques, and patterns available to Stampin' Up! demonstrators.

No comments:

All images © Stampin’ Up!® Projects displayed have been created by Laurel Matthew unless otherwise specified. Project ideas are here to inspire your personal stamping. Feel free to copy the projects directly or modify to suit your tastes. Please do not make copies of the projects displayed and submit for contests, publications, or other recognition (unless you are submitting them in my name!). Stampin' Up! is not responsible for content.