Remember the things that gave you joy as a child. Incorporate them into your life now. Find a way to have fun with everything you do. Let yourself express the joy of living. Laugh. Rejoice, and the Universe rejoices with you! ~ Louise Hay
***MY CLASS SCHEDULE *** SHOP SU! ONLINE NOW *** JOIN MY STAMPIN' UP! TEAM ***

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

HOKIE HOPE

There are a lot of stampers' taglines that say "stamping is cheaper than therapy." It's alternative medicine all right, right up there with exercise, yoga, pedicures, and chocolate. Well, more than once, stamping has actually been effective therapy for me. I've stamped to gain confidence, to prove I can still do beautiful things, to forgive, to remember, to reach out, to get out and socialize ... and in May 2007, to plain ol' deal with senseless, horrible tragedy too close to home.
These are the cards I made in honor of the Virginia Tech massacre. Must have made a hundred. Could have made more. Swapped a bunch at Virginia Beach Regionals. Gave the rest to the families left behind to grieve.



And here I am. Virginia Tech graduate of 1998. Daggum. 10 whole years ago. I love that school, and every day I was there. I love the people I met, the way I could ride my bike across campus like a banshee, how I had no fear to take a nap right there on the quad.

So, sure - stamping has been my therapy. Whether or not it's actually cheaper ... that's still up for debate. But there's no other way for me. I just "stamp it all out."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute.

All images © Stampin’ Up!® Projects displayed have been created by Laurel Matthew unless otherwise specified. Project ideas are here to inspire your personal stamping. Feel free to copy the projects directly or modify to suit your tastes. Please do not make copies of the projects displayed and submit for contests, publications, or other recognition (unless you are submitting them in my name!). Stampin' Up! is not responsible for content.